- Crochet cast on 6 pegs around the end of the loom. (You will have 3 pegs on 1 side, 2 pegs on the other side and 1 end peg wrapped, for a total of 6.)
- Pull the working yarn across the loom and loop it around the first peg you cast on.
- Continuing around the loom, e wrap the remaining pegs.
- When all the pegs have 2 loops, knit.
- Continue to knit until your I cord reaches the desired length. I will help to tug on the I cord below the loom occasionally.
Sunday, February 2, 2014
How to Knit an I Cord
An I cord is a long tube of knit used for purse straps, handles, or afghan edging. You can make an I cord using the small 6 peg side of the spool loom. It can also be done using 6 pegs along the edge of a long loom. To make an I cord on the spool loom, simply knit in a continuous spiral until the cord reaches the desired length. To knit an I cord on a long loom, follow these instructions:
Patterns You Might Like:
Instructions 1. Using 2 strands of yarn, wrap first 3 pegs. Wrap the 3 pegs again and knit off (lift bottom 2 loops over top 2 lo...
Barbie loomed this version of the braided scarf pattern in blue and white hues. What a fun scarf. Provo Craft Tools Knifty Kni...
This pattern is for a dish cloth made using the smallest round loom in the set. It's a quick and easy project, perfect for the begin...