|This project measures 40.5" x 60" -- This project is done in panels and can be easily taken with you in your travels.|
|1. You will be using 2 strands of yarn as one throughout the entire project.|
2. Split panels: Use the Knifty Knitter Round Loom in Blue and 2 strands of blue yarn to e-wrap 9 pegs. Wrap these 9 pegs then knit back and forth for 36 rows. Change to the red yarn and knit 54 more rows. Create 4 of these panels.
3. E-wrap the loom with the blue yarn and knit 36 rows then change to the white yarn and knit 54 more rows. Create 3 of these panels.
4. Long panels: E-wrap 9 pegs on the loom with the white yarn and knit 90 rows. Create 3 of these panels.
5. E-wrap 9 pegs on the loom with the red yarn and knit 90 rows. Create 3 of these panels.
6. Use the yarn needle and sew the stripes together to make blanket. Cut the 13 stars from felt and sew on with sewing thread and needle.
Note: When this blanket was first knit the designer knit the blue background using the Knifty Knitter Round Loom Yellow, all in one piece. Because the pegs on this loom are wider apart it knits a different gauge than the blue loom, which the stripes were knit on. The pegs are closer together on the smaller loom. It was very hard to make the blanket sew together right, so we have changed the pattern and hope that you will enjoy creating this fun blanket.
What you will need:
|Provo Craft Supplies|
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Knifty Knitter Flag Blanket
Patterns You Might Like:
Instructions 1. Using 2 strands of yarn, wrap first 3 pegs. Wrap the 3 pegs again and knit off (lift bottom 2 loops over top 2 lo...
Barbie loomed this version of the braided scarf pattern in blue and white hues. What a fun scarf. Provo Craft Tools Knifty Kni...
This pattern is for a dish cloth made using the smallest round loom in the set. It's a quick and easy project, perfect for the begin...