Making the Purl Stitch
- Begin by tying a slip knot and securing the slip knot to the anchor peg on the Knifty Knitter Loom.
- Ewrap the Knifty Knitter loom one time around.
- Typically, the first loop on each peg of the Knifty Knitter loom is pushed down before knitting off the loom. This leaves room for the next loop to be placed on the peg. In the purl stitch, however, you will begin by pushing the loop to the top of the peg. The loop should be at center or higher.
- Pull the working yarn across the front of the first peg to purl stitch. The yarn should be under the loop that is on the peg. From the top, slide the Knifty Knitter hook under the loop on the peg and snag the working yarn with the hook. Pull the working yarn up through the loop on the peg. This made a new loop.
- Grasp the new loop between your fingers and use this to lift the old loop off the Knifty Knitter peg.
- With your fingers, replace the old loop on the peg with the new loop you just created.