This blanket was a gift for one of my boys that is a KU fan. I knitted each of the super long panels in the photo above using the fashion stitch on the blue long loom. This is how I did it:
- Cast on to the blue long loom with the 8 wrap holding 2 medium weight strands of yarn as one. Below is a photo of the eight wrap. It is not the blue loom you are currently using, but it is an example of how to do the cast on.
- Knit 400 rows per panel using the fashion stitch. Below is my video of the fashion stitch.
- Crochet cast off leaving a long tail of working yarn to sew the panels together. Tie the working yarns in a square knot to secure them where the knit ends, but leave them about 10 feet long. Below is my video of the cast off:
- Thread the working yarn through a yarn needle and mattress stitch the panels together. Below is my video of the mattress stitch, it is for a different blanket, but the method is the same. Look for the 2 small bars inside each stitch and sew through them:
- Use your favorite ribbon to decorate the blanket.