You will need:
- Spool Loom
- Yarn Needle
- Pattons Wool Yarn
- E-wrap the small end of the spool loom with only one strand of yarn.
- Use the no wrap stitch (seen in the video below) for the remainder of the project. Knitting circularly around the spool loom until the knit reaches 25 inches.
- Cut the working yarn and leave a 10 inch tail.
- Use a regular needle and thread to sew the tube into the shape of petals. Zig zag the tube, securing it with thread in the center. The finished flower should have roughly 5 petals.
- You can sew a small loop of tube into the middle for the flower center. This is how the flower appears with a tube center.
- Felt the flower by washing it in a washing machine and laying it flat to dry. If you have a high efficiency washing machine, check out these instructions for felting.
- Embellish with buttons or other items for the center.
For step by step instructions to sew the petals in place, see the ArtMind blog. Note: the flower in these instructions is made in the same design, but using a shorter tube, as it is not to be felted.