Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Knitting Off with the Knifty Knitter Hook

I was knitting along today, making yet another scarf on the Knifty Knitter loom. That's when it happened... the unthinkable. I picked up the hook and knitting off wasn't working anymore. Alright, maybe it wasn't that big a deal, but I couldn't figure out why knitting off had become so cumbersome. That's when I saw it, the tip of the Knifty Knitter hook, it looked different to me. I went through the pouch where I store my crochet hooks and Knifty Knitter hooks. I have several KK hooks and had grabbed one that I'd never used before. It was thick at the end and not at all like the hook that I was used to. It didn't fit in the grove of the loom very well and try as I might, I could not knit off with it without tearing up the yarn.

I just thought I should warn Knifty Knitter newbies that all hooks aren't created equal. I tried to get a good shot of the tip, so that if you're having trouble, you would know what the tip of the hook should look like. I have 3 hooks and of the 3 only one is thick and difficult to work with.

Happy Knifty knitting!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Patterns You Might Like: