Monday, February 1, 2010

The knit and purl on the knifty knitter loom

When I began knitting on a knifty knitter, I had no instructions, so I sat down and made up what I called the "No wrap stitch." It is basically the purl stitch, as done on the Knifty Knitter loom. But, I didn't know that at the time. There are really two methods to making the purl stitch on the Knifty Knitter. One involves pulling the yarn up through the existing loop on the loom. You can see that method here: "How to Purl Stitch on the Knifty Knitter Loom." The second method involves lifting the loop over the loose yarn, so it doesn't need to be pulled through the existing loop. See "How to Make No Wrap Stitches," for instructions on using this method to purl stitch on the Knifty Knitter loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Patterns You Might Like: