|Throw pillow knitted by Joan Toczek. She loomed this beautifully using Kids Red heart yarn in the color "Playful" and also used a strand of Lion Brand Fun fur.|
The original pattern for this throw pillow is from the pattern booklet published by Provo Craft, "Knitting with the Knifty Knitter II." This pattern makes a 14 x 14 inch throw pillow for dressing up your couch or decorating your bedroom.
You will need:
- Holding to yarns together, wrap the loom all the way around. Then, turn and wrap back to the first peg.
- Wrap again, continue wrapping and knitting until you've knitted 60 rows.
- Cast off and you have a square piece of knit.
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric 14.5 x 14.5 inches
- Pin knit to one piece of fabric. Sew knit to the fabric.
- Sandwich the knit between the two pieces of fabric. (The right sides of the fabric should be facing the knit.)
- Sew a 1/2 inch seam around the perimeter of the fabric. (Leave a small opening to turn the pillow.)
- Turn the pillow right side out.
- Stuff with polyfill
- Hand stitch the pillow closed.